Friday, November 19, 2010

Another Week

What a week it's been. My sister had to euthanize one of her cats: she had a cardiomyopathy and a bad viral illness made recovery unlikely. Poor Maggie was misterable her final hours, but I hope she finds a peaceful rest. (Is there a cat heaven full of catnip and balls of yarn?)

My great aunt remains in the hospital. I'm not getting a lot of details (she is on the other coast) but what I hear doesn't sound to encouraging.

For me, my blood pressure is better since I gave up caffeine, but it still isn't normal. So, I yawn a lot and feel foggy longer in the morning. Is it worth it?

On the plus side, I have been to the gym 5 times in the past 7 days. It feels good to be back on a regular excercise schedule. I like the new gym (Retro-Fitness). It is large and clean; it is more crowded than the NYSC was but there's more variety of weight equipment. They could use some variety of cardio machines. Mind you, I'm not complaining. After all, I am saving $60 each month!

The weekend holds some good stuff in store. First, tonight there is a book signing (What's Love Got to Do with It) and Garden State Equality fundraiser. A lot of NJ State Senators and powerful local Democrats and progressives are going to be there. Bill and I donated some of the food (an artisanal cheese plate). After, we are going to schmooz with some of the local Democrat activists. Not certain what is in store, but it will be something fun.

Then, tomorrow, it's "up and atom". Gotta get to the grocery store early to buy some of the stuff needed for the Thanksgiving feast next week. Although I'm on call and will be spending some of the time at the hospital, I will be spending my home time doing advanced prep work, like making the brine for the turkey, the cornbread for the stuffing, the dough for the dinner roles, etc. My dad will be coming back from vacation in India and between him and our good friends (whose anniversary is tomorrow), it should be a fun, sumptious feast. I wish my sister were coming, but it just isn't the right time for her to come out from California.

Just a boring, humdrum life in the suburbs. But I love every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment