Sunday, November 7, 2010

Daylight Savings ends, but...

So, Daylight Savings ended overnight which means an extra hour of sleep, right?  So totally wrong.  Ginger's internal clock went off at 5:30 AM EST because she was getting walked at 6:30 AM EDT.  Tried to ignore the whining and crying, but couldn't so got up in the freezing cold to walk Ginger and Tivo. 

Since I was too alert to go back to bed, I started working on the sourdough bread.  This is my last attempt.  It's too much trouble:  it takes longer than 18 hours to refresh the starter, form the dough, let it rise, shape the loaves, rise again and finally bake.  I love and miss San Francisco sourdough, but I'm not doing my own.  This will then leave me in a huge quandary for Thanksgiving.  What to do, since homemade sourdough rolls are out of the question.  Monkey bread?  Traditional dinner roles?  Crusty country bread?  At least I still have two weeks to think about it.

After making the dough, I went to the gym.  My first foray to Retro Fitness in FairLawn.  It was busy, but because the place is so huge, it didn't feel crowded.  I was happy to finally work out, but won't be able to go tomorrow because I am Epic SuperUser-ing again at 6:00 AM and then I go back to covering the inpatient service.

Looking forward to a relaxing, brisk autumn day with Bill and the puppies.  Tonight, for dinner, I'm experimenting with mustard oil.

Hope you all have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment